|Eagles 2 Ways (Alpha 3) - File Description
| Description: |
#. Destroy the Avalanche wall and the Side Tunnel to gain access to the Werfen Village.
#. Capture the Forward Spawn Flag in the Village. Hold it for 2 minutes and it will be permanently owned.
#. Take the trams up to the Schloss Adler (the castle of eagles) and secure the Forward Spawn Flag threre, this will also
make the Forward Flag in the Village permanently owned by Allies.
#. Grab the documents in the main hall in the Castle and bring them to the Bus Garage down in the Werfen Village.
#. The Bus will now start itīs journey towards the Oberhausen Airfield.
#. The Bus stops after crossing the Bridge, Allies needs to destroy the bridge to secure the Airfield for a safe escape
with the documents.
#. After the Bridge is destroyed the map is won by Allies, the bus will move to its final location and the map will end.
#. Delay the destruction of the Avalanche wall.
#. Build the High guardtower to get better defence at the side tunnel.
#. Make sure they dont get the forward spawnflag in the village.
#. Defend the forward spawn in the castle or they will own the town spawn permanent.
#. Defend the documents in the main hall, make sure they dont bring them to the bus.
#. Defend the bridge at all cost, this is the final objective. If the bridge is blown the map is over.
Special thanks and Credits to:
#. M8D international for playtesting and bugreports.
#. CSC clan for playtesting.
#. Loffy for playtesting.
#. Shaffer for information about actual WED locations.
| || || |
|Eagles 2 Ways (Alpha 3) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Eagles 2 Ways (Alpha 3) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Eagles 2 Ways (Alpha 3) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
* Fixed problem with town/castle spawn not being allied after permanent switch.
* Fixed bridge problem when axis player and airstrike destroy the bridge at the same time.
* Carved out a second floor inside the axis aifield building and created a balcony for quick axis entry to radio area.
* Moved axis spawn up to second floor, giving protection and 4 possible exits.
* Expanded airfield tunnel system with several tunnels.
* Added two more stairways and two ladders to the airfield tunnel system. This should give a lot more paths for both teams into the radio area.
* Moved the bridge ammo/health cabs to the airfield tunnel system.
* Increased the size of the radio room a bit.
* Added more cosmetic details to radio room and some lamps.
* Added ladders for the roof of the airtower
* Moved one of the airfield MG to upper roof
* Adjusted all lamps in castle tunnels down from 300 to about 150, to make it a bit darker and with more shadows - uhu!
* Adjusted down some lamps in the doc rom corridors as well.
* Workaround for the castle tunnel doors blocking problem - they are now open by default.
* Added more evironment sounds (river wind etc).
* Added some more hq team voices to inform about mission events. Bushorn is now global, so everyone can here when the bus does something important.
* When allies secures the document in the bus, all spawns (except the town, airfield and brige spawn) will be removed.
* Added some lamps to commandpost and town ammo/healt room.
* Added some barrels into the castle tunnels (for cover).
* Fixed some texture glitches on the airfield (from the original map)
* Clipped bottom of several textured faces which were going all way down to the bottom of the map "hull". No visual change, but reduced map compile time.
* Rewrote some of the mission objectives text.
* Merged the levelshot shaders into eagles.shader for easier maintaince.
* Adjusted sky and lightning some more. Still not happy with the lightning, too dark atm.
* misc minor adjustments
* Add a command map icon for the radio so the axis can see the location.
* Add a command map icon for the bus garage so everyone can see the location.
* Fix lightning and sky shader.
* Move the axis commandpost into the airfield tunnel system (more useful there)?
* Make a locked door into the tram station so allies have to blow it to get the town spawn permanent (and access to the tram/castle)?
* Add something right under the castle tram station where allies can jump, just before the tram arrives the castle?
Eagles S2 (Scrupus Edition Preview 2)
This is a modified version of the Wolfenstein Enemy Territory map "Eagles" by Drakir (www.drakir.tk).
Please read the original readme file for the original information about this map.
Readme file updated: 24.4.2005
Map released for preview/testing: 25.4.2005
Original author: Drakir (www.drakir.tk)
Modifications done by Stein Vråle aka Scrupus.
Feedback can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
About this edition
I have always enjoyed the original scenarios and great visuality of Drakir's WET maps, and Eagles were no exception.
I loved Eagles on first sight, but after playing it for a while there were some issues in the gameplay that IMHO limited the maps full potential, mainly:
1. The autospawn system were confusing, as people were often spawning in the wrong place and therby lost track of the mission progress.
2. I never liked the ending objective (were allies dynamite the bridge to win) - even if the airfield were filled with defending axis the bus just moved in and completed the round.
It was also pretty simple for the allies to blow the bridge, so the ending battle were always completed very quick, and the airfield area never really used.
3. I also felt the sunny/yellowish athosphere where not right for a "behind enemy lines" mission - a dramatic map like this could have a more dramatic weather as well.
Some players even think it is a desert map because of the yellowish color.
Then I read on Drakirs website that he is no longer mapping for WET, and as he published the eagles source code I decided to take a look.
My first idea was only to get the bus escortable and repairable, but the scripting required for this is so complex that I still haven't get it working.
Instead, I got some other ideas while working the map, and finally ended up with the new ending objective and some other changes to make it more "realistic".
Not to much, but enough to make the ending totally different. And best of all - the bus still have a role to play, after reaching the airfield ;)
Please note that I'm not an experienced mapper, and have never built a Wolf map from scratch. For me, the work on Eagles have been a big tutorial mission,
where I could experiment and learn all the practical issues of map making in a working scenario, like using the GTKRadient editor, shaders, lightning,
compiling, scripting, and packaging. I haven't done much changes in the map itself (except for the new airfield radio area), but have added and improved many
of the more cosmetic issues, like limbo cameras and sounds - mainly to learn the WET mapping process and technology.
About this preview release
This preview is mainly for testing gameplay and see what players think about my changes. If they like it, I will finish this version and notify Drakir about the ideas behind.
I have a lot more ideas for this map, but will wait with those until I know what players and Drakir think about the current modifications.
This preview will only be availble for specially invited people, and I ask that no one put in on a public server without asking me first.
This is because there are still missing details that should be added and issues to be improved before it is ready for public gameplay.
Also note that my changes are made with a public server in mind, not competiton play - this is a defensive map, at least for now.
For this release, I'm looking for feedback on:
1. The ending objective/radio area. Is it more fun now than before? Is it to hard/easy for any of the teams (it probably need balancing).
2. Does it crash in any situation? Script errors? Let me know, as detailed as possible. I have a feeling the game crashes may sometime be caused by sound problems (too many sounds at once?)
3. Is the new sky/snow weather better or worse than the orignal? Notice that the lightning itself needs more work - I'm not satisfied with the current lights/shadows.
So for now, only the sky, color and snow is interesting to evaluate.
4. Spawning/castle attack. I'm still not happy with this part of the game, but it will require major changes to gameplay to improve it.
Current setup is slightly different than the orignal - not sure if it is better or worse.
1. Bus splines (the path it is driving) need adjustments. Ignore the unrealistic steering in the end of the route.
2. Lightning. Shadows and light does not look too well.
3. Need more details and rearrangments of covering objects in radio area.
4. Radio area should probably be protected against landmines to avoid too much mine spamming.
* New final objective - Airfield Radio
A completly new (and fence protected) area have been created north of the airfield.
Allies must dynamite the Airfield Radio room (located under the big antenna) to win the mission.
The allies can't get access to the radio until the bus have breached the fence around the radio room.
The area is filled with crates and other stuff to give cover both for defenders and attackers - designed for close combat in the last minutes of a match ;)
* Wooden bridge reversed
Now the axis can dynamite the bridge, while the allies must repair it to get the bus over.
If the axis don't get time to dynamite the bridge before the bus arrive, they will get "help" - Luftwaffe will bomb the bridge to pieces (and perhaps some allies as well ;)
* Spawn system rescripted
The spawn/checkpoint scripts have been rewritten to be more robust and work properly in all situations.
* Town spawn
The 2 minute timer on the town spawn has been disabled - only way to get it permanent is to capture castel spawn. (exprimental)
* Castle spawn
Will be captured permanently first time the allies steal the spylist docs.
This is highly exprimental - goal is to make it a little easier for allies to get the docs.
* Tram Smoke
A puff of smoke will cover the tram in the castle tram station every time a tram wagon arrives.
This is also very exprimental, to help allies attack the castle.
Probably a bit too far, so this is for gameplay "research" - should probably be removed again.
* Limbo cameras
All limbo cameras now work properly. Added two more tracking cameras for the bus - nice game feature :)
* Sound enviroment
Added several enviromental sound speakers (using in-game speaker editor), both looped and random.
Wind in the hills and animals around the area.
Need to adjust random values up (they're playing too often now) and add more looped wind in other areas.
Added some teamvoices taken from the official maps ("repair the bridge" etc).
Trying to make a more dramatic weather with a new sky shader (based on fueldump shader) and snowing.
Also trying to get it more white/snowy and not so yellow.
But the lightning stuff is very difficult to get right - colors are still strange.
To be further adjusted, or it can be reverted to the original yellow/blue sky.
Many of the original scripts have been rewritten/changed. Some of them have beem obsoleted.
Many new scripts added, some of them are not used in this edition (exprimental stuff for the future).
other map changes
Not much, don't remember at the moment.
It may be that I accidentially have moved/stretched some stuff in the original map - this is not intentional.
I'm still pretty clumsy in the GTKeditor - it takes a while to learn how to use it properly...
|Eagles 2 Ways (Alpha 3) - User Comments
No File Comments have been added yet!
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!