| || || |
|Enemy Territory (Windows) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Enemy Territory (Windows) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Enemy Territory (Windows) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Wolfenstein™: Enemy Territory™ Readme
Please read the included manual for detailed instructions on how to play Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.
**YOU DO NOT NEED RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN TO PLAY WOLFENSTEIN: ENEMY TERRITORY***
***DO NOT INSTALL WOLFENSTEIN: ENEMY TERRITORY INTO THE SAME DIRECTORY THAT YOU INSTALLED RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN***
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is a standalone game requiring no previous installation other than Direct X 8.1 (not included)
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
I. Minimum System Requirements
II. Known Issues
III. Where to Get Help
IV. Auto-updater Legal Notices
I. Minimum System Requirements
* Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP OS (Windows NT 4.0 not recommended for clients)
* 100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP compatible system (including all 32bit drivers)
* Intel® Pentium® III 600Mhz processor or AMD equivalent
* 128 MB RAM
* 32 MB 100% fully OpenGL® compliant 3-D video card
* Microsoft® Direct X® 8.1 or higher (not included)
* 271 MB total disk space for game files
* 500 MB free disk space for swap file
* 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible keyboard
* 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible mouse
* 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible sound card
* For internet play, 100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP compatible 56.6k modem or better internet connection. 56.6k modem play is not recommended for games with more than 8 players total; broadband players should be able to handle up to 32 depending on their connection with the server on which they're playing.
The following video cards were fully tested with Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory:
GeForce 4 Ti 4600
GeForce 4 MX
GeForce 2 Ultra
GeForce 2 MX
Radeon 9700 Pro/128
II. Known Issues
It is highly recommended that you always host games with PunkBuster on... and only join servers with PunkBuster on. This is an excellent tool for preventing cheating.
There are a few times when we suggest you not host PunkBuster games. You should not host a game on PunkBuster if you are running a Listen server (playing on the same machine that is hosting). You should not host a game on PunkBuster if you are running a dedicated on a small LAN that is not connected to the Internet. Doing so may cause minor performance issues and doesn't do much good.
If you change a PunkBuster cvar, there are no commands to restore your settings to default.
If you host a Listen server, you will be unable to chat through the web tool.
PunkBuster should auto-update when new versions are available. In the event that this does not happen or the update fails, the user can manually update PunkBuster. Once the game has been launched, type the following commands into the console (`)
1. \pb_cl_enable (please check the version number)
2. \pb_sv_enable (please check the version number)
3. \pb_sv_update (this will send a request to the master server for the update. This process may take several minute depending on computer and connection speed.)
4. After the download process is done the user will see a message stating "PunkBuster Server: PunkBuster Server (v1.xxx I axxxx c1.xxxx Enabled)"
Most options that you would consider wanting to use can be set from somewhere in the UI (user interface) - from the options or controls menu, or in one of the in-game menus. Further, chances are that if an option isn't set in the UI somewhere, it's not relevant to Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. You should, therefore, use the UI options instead of console commands to set options wherever possible. Console commands may produce unexpected results and should generally be avoided.
The following commands are some of the common ones that expert players may be familiar with from other games - but do NOT work in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory:
\r_stencilbits (crashes game)
\r_texturebits (defaults to 0 after crash, visual artifacts)
\sv_reconnectlimit (not functional)
\r_smp (set to 1 is not supported)
\g_drawammowarning (not functional)
\r_debugsort (crashes PC)
\r_showimages (not supported)
The following commands are some of the common PunkBuster commands that are different in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (as the writing of this document):
\rcon pb_sv_cvarval (not functional)
\rcon pb_sv_cvaruser (not functional)
\rcon pb_sv_cvarsrch (not functional)
\rcon pb_sv_cvarchanged (not functional)
\pb_sv_cvardel (not functional)
\pb_cvarVal (returns duplicate entries)
\pb_sv_cvarempty (not functional)
\pb_sv_bindsrch (not functional)
- Creating / joining Fireteams
The maximum number of players in a Fireteam is 6. After a fireteam is at 6, no one else will be allowed to join until someone leaves or is kicked out of the group.
- Saving Server Options
Please be aware that no create server options are saved until you actually hit "Accept" and start a server. If you make changes to the server settings and then don't start the server, you'll lose your changes. Saving on the Advanced Server Settings screen will not be affected by changes you make on this screen as they are saved separately.
- Max Players + Hunkmegs
The maximum number of players for Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is 32 total and 16 for each side; the server host can set this to a lower number from the Multiplayer/Create Server menu. It is highly recommended that these numbers are not exceeded. In games that include players using dial-up connections, no more than 8 players are recommended.
If you wish to host more than 32 players on the server (not recommended), you will need to increase the memory allocated to Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. If you don't, the game will likely fail to start with a "Hunkmegs" error. To increase the memory, open the console and type "\com_hunkmegs 128"
- Repeated Map Restarts
Repeatedly restarting the server can cause a crash. It is not recommended that you do this more than a few times in a row.
- 32-bit vs. 16-bit Color Depth
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory defaults to your desktop color depth. We strongly recommend that you play it in 32-bit color depth. You may change this setting to 16-bit, but it is not officially supported. If you decide to make this change, you may notice graphics problems and artifacts on your screen. Also, during preliminary testing, there was not much of a performance increase by making this switch. Please do so at your own risk.
- Windowed Mode
Playing Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory in a window will cause the top portion of the screen to be cut off. This is due to the Windows title bar being drawn on top of the game window.
- Menu Sliders
None of the slider menus update in real time. For example, you will not see changes in brightness or sound when changing a slider.
- Dual Monitor Support
Dual monitors are not supported by Enemy Territory and may cause the game to function improperly.
- Prone Players and Airstrikes
Brave players can go prone on Airstrike markers, block the visual cue, and cause them to be aborted if done early enough.
If the player inactivity is set on a server it still counts down even if a player is only using his mouse. The mouse input is not counted towards activity.
- Multiple Instances
Running multiple instances of the game on the same system can cause graphics problems. This is not recommended.
- Reviving Underwater
Players awaiting revival cannot be revived while underwater.
- Uninstalling the Game
If the uninstaller is cancelled during the uninstallation process, the game will not be removable via the uninstaller. You will have to manually uninstall the game.
- Shell Default Button
Pressing the default button in the shell will not reset the mouse sensitivity setting.
- Foreign Characters
Some foreign characters are not supported and will not be displayed properly in the game. Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory has been tested with US versions of the operating systems. Compatibility may not be 100% with other versions.
- Performance Boosters
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory allows you to customize your settings so that you can improve the visuals or decrease them. Some of them have a greater impact on performance than others. Below are some settings that will improve your performance, but at the expense of the visuals:
1. Set the system options to 'Fastest'
2. \com_maxfps (set to a high number i.e 400)
3. \cg_atmosphericeffects 0
4. \cg_wolfparticles 0
5. \r_fastsky 1
6. \r_picmip 3
7. \cg_drawgun 0
III. Where to Get Help
Please see the included manual. This guide will explain the game play, weapons, and various other information you will need to get started.
Any updates will be posted on our web site at http://www.castlewolfenstein.com. for Customer Support, please see the Customer Support section of the manual.
IV. Auto-updater Legal Notices
Our auto-updater includes technology created by World Wide Web Consortium. The following notice pertains only to the auto-updater:
Copyright http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/ipr-notice ©2003 World Wide Web Consortium http://www.w3.org, (Massachusetts Institute of Technology http://www.lcs.mit.edu, European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics http://www.ercim.org, Keio University http://www.keio.ac.jp). All Rights Reserved. This work is distributed under the W3C® Software License http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-software-20021231  in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
W3C® SOFTWARE NOTICE AND LICENSE
This work (and included software, documentation such as READMEs, or other related items) is being provided by the copyright holders under the following license. By obtaining, using and/or copying this work, you (the licensee) agree that you have read, understood, and will comply with the following terms and conditions.
Permission to copy, modify, and distribute this software and its documentation, with or without modification, for any purpose and without fee or royalty is hereby granted, provided that you include the following on ALL copies of the software and documentation or portions thereof, including modifications:
1. The full text of this NOTICE in a location viewable to users of the redistributed or derivative work.
2. Any pre-existing intellectual property disclaimers, notices, or terms and conditions. If none exist, the W3C Software Short Notice should be included (hypertext is preferred, text is permitted) within the body of any redistributed or derivative code.
3. Notice of any changes or modifications to the files, including the date changes were made. (We recommend you provide URIs to the location from which the code is derived.)
THIS SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS," AND COPYRIGHT HOLDERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THAT THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY THIRD PARTY PATENTS, COPYRIGHTS, TRADEMARKS OR OTHER RIGHTS.
COPYRIGHT HOLDERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION.
The name and trademarks of copyright holders may NOT be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to the software without specific, written prior permission. Title to copyright in this software and any associated documentation will at all times remain with copyright holders.
|Enemy Territory (Windows) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. RTCW & ET Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 278 | Last comment: 12-25-2014 at 18:20
Click the symbol to expand all comments (view full comments)
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!